Sunday, March 9, 2008

My first post!

Well here I am! I find myself on the blogger's highway via the roadmap that was provided by my husband Robert of the Conservative Commentary
(http://conservativeobservations.blogspot.com/ ). I probably will find it hard to be as diligent to my postings as he is but I feel that expressing myself through this venue will be a healthy balance in our household. I have often felt like a blogger's widow. In a meeting with my son's teacher Friday I described Robert as a man with a Masters in BS (lovingly of course). As much as I complain though I am forced to concede that my husband is an intelligent man with the ability to debate his points with an articulation and confidence that is often lacking amoung people I view only as opinionated. I respect his sentiments and convictions even though I often do not completely agree with them. Needless to say this can be extremely frustrating for Robert. My views tend to lean a little more towards the Left Wing Liberal side than he likes. Robert often refers to me as a treehugger (which I consider a compliment) because I spend a lot of time researching recycling efforts and ways to contribute to nature conservation. Often friends comment on Robert and I as the example of "opposites do attract".

I am intrigued by history and architecture. The History Channel is one of the most watched channels on our television. Even my six year old son, David, has inherited this trait from me and we spend many Saturday afternoons feeding our history addiction. Just this past Friday night I sat down to watch "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" and David snuggled up next to me and soon was threatening any sister that got between he and Elizabeth. I might have a young Indiana Jones on my hands.....I can only hope!

Where I will go with this venture I do not know. One thing I am sure of is that my travels on the blogger's highway will surely be an adventure of ever changing scenery. As my title suggest I am a kaleidoscope of thoughts, beliefs, interest and yes personality. I don't fit into catagories very well and tend to be a bit spontaneous. So if you join me on my journey hang on tight because it could be a wild ride!

8 comments:

Robert said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I have linked you and posted for my blog friends to visit. I promised them an adventure....

Ottavio (Otto) Marasco said...

Allow me to also welcome you to the world of blogs. In some ways, it is good that both of you are different; Robert can sharpen his "ability to debate his points with an articulation and confidence.” Quite nearly all my friends and associates are slanted to the left; yes conservatism seems to be on the wane, for now at least. As you suggest though most are nothing more than opinionated. Damn tree huggers!

Kind regards
Otto

CC said...

Thank you for the welcome Otto! Friends with differing opinions are what make life interesting. I look forward to hearing from you again!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogland. I'm a regular at Robert's and tend to lean a little to the right (all right, sometimes a lot to the right) but I have an open mind and find myself learning from some of my lefty friends. I look forward to your posts, it it will be nice to read something besides politics and.....politics. Although, I have found it a great place to rant and rave!

And Robert having a Masters in BS.....never! LOL

Good luck with it!

heidianne jackson said...

wow, the wife of one of my favorite bloggers - welcome - great start to the wonderful world of blogging, cc! i'm blogrolling you and hope you'll stop by my place for a visit, too...

history is also one of my faves so we have that in common!!! as for the rest, i'm hanging on right with you, cc!

heidianne jackson
http://biggirlpants.typepad.com

rockync said...

Welcome to the bloggerhood, Connie! I myself have so far avoided this particular addiction but I do a round of the 'hood most every day to listen in and occasionaly drop comments. You and I probably have a lot in common as I'm a middle of the road kind of gal politically but I like to drop in on Robert's blog because he is a conservative who is articulate and has given much thought to his posts. Even though I disagree with some of his leanings, I'm always treated with respect at his "place." So, if you don't mind, I'll add you to my blog list of daily drop ins. I look forward to the journey; sounds like my kind of adventure. :)

CC said...

Wow I am just overwhelmed by the warm welcome I have received from everyone so far. Thank you to everyone! I am probably crazy for taking on something else in my life to keep me busy, but hey at least I will have a place to express myself and Robert doesn't have to listen to me. Of course truth be known he tends not to listen all the time anyway. I hope to have a chance to drop by everyone elses blog and get to know each of you as well.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogging!! I have just discovered Robert and now, You! He was good enough to post a comment on my blog, and having found him, he is right up my alley. I'm sure you will be too!
Take Care,

FMD